At the end of this course you'll be able to:
- Describe the unique customer benefits of the Reward Zone Program
- Understand the Reward Zone Premier Silver Program and benefits
- Identify the benefits of the Reward Zone MasterCard Program
- Describe the features and benefits of the Reward Zone Gamers Club
- Describe the Reward Zone Program's partnerships and their benefits
What is Reward Zone?
Welcome to Reward Zone where members enjoy a wide variety of exclusive rewards and benefits:
- Free membership, must be 13 years of age or older
- 1 point per $1 spent at Best Buy and BestBuy.com
- Accumulate 250 points and receive a $5 reward certificate
- Member is alerted via email the moment the reward certificate(s) is issued; reward certificates can be viewed and printed at MyRewardZone.com, from the reward certificate notification email that is sent to member upon reward certificate issuance, accessed via the Reward Zone app or look up your customers certificate through POS.
- Reward certificates are valid for 90 days from issue; 180 days for Premier Silver members
- Reward certificates can be used to purchase any eligible product or service. Price of product/service must exceed value of reward certificate (Best Buy gift cards are excluded)
- Exclusive offers and benefits
Why Reward Zone?
- Allows us to recognize and reward our best customers
- Reward certificates drive customers back to the store
- Creates a reason for customers to share their contact information
- Captures customer behaviors, predispositions, intentions and preferences to enable more effective and relevant messaging
The Reward Zone Customer
This program is a 'Thank You' to our valued, loyal customers for shopping at Best Buy. The more a member shops, the more reward certificates they receive, the more frequently they return to the store.
Customers must have a valid email address and be at least 13 years of age to become a member.
Reward Zone Premier Silver Members
To earn Reward Zone Premier Silver status, members must spend $2500 in a calendar year. Reward Zone Premier Silver Members are very valuable to Best Buy; your goal is to enhance their experience to keep them coming back for more as well as create an experience that is unmatched anywhere else.
It is important to identify these customers, even before they reach the register, in order to ensure that they are taking full advantage of the great benefits available to them, and receiving the perks that they deserve!
Reward Zone Premier Silver Benefits
- House call from Geek Squad – Make the most of technology with an annual house call from Geek Squad for one of the following services: home network setup, TV calibration, on-site computer tune up, one-hour technology training, home theater remote control programming, or home theater consult.
- Earn points faster - 25% more points on every dollar spent. Points add up even faster with the Reward Zone Credit Card with standard financing.
- Point Banking - With point banking, customers decide when reward certificates are issued.
- More time to use reward certificates - Premier Silver member reward certificates are valid for 180 days.
- FREE Expedited Shipping and FREE Delivery – Online and in-store.
- Access to the 24/7 Premier Silver Helpline for basic product setup, questions and purchase recommendations.
- Premier Access - Get some of the hottest new technologies in store or at BestBuy.com as well as Premier access to iconic sales like Black Friday.
- 60 Day Return and Exchange Policy - 60-day extended return and exchange policy on Best Buy and BestBuy.com purchases.
RZCC and RZMC Strategy
The Reward Zone MasterCard and Reward Zone Credit Card allow members to get Reward Zone points faster or take advantage of special financing offers.
- Members will receive an additional bonus point when they use their RZMC or RZCC and choose standard financing
- Earn Reward Zone points everywhere when using the RZMC for their everyday purchases
- Earn Premier Silver status when they spend $2500 on RZMC during the calendar year
- Reward Zone Premier Silver members receive an additional 0.25 bonus point when standard financing is used
Reward Zone Certificate POS Look Up
Customer's Reward Zone certificates can be accessible through POS. Reward Zone certificate look up will eliminate the need for stores to print a customer's certificate if they forget to bring it in. This allows you to look up and use customer's certificates during the transaction in POS.
- Valid ID -- Customers MUST present a valid ID to redeem.
- To ensure Reward Zone customers are able to redeem the correct certificates, it is critical that a customer's ID is confirmed prior to using certificates at POS.
- Banking Points -- Customers who are banking points will not be able to convert them to certificates at POS. The certificates must be available in the customer's account to apply them at POS.
Not showing up -- If your customer says they have a certificate but none are showing up on the screen:
- Ask your customer if there is another number that it might be under. These are most often caused by duplicate accounts.
- If this does not work, have the customer log into their MyRZ account or have them call 1-888-Bestbuy.
What is the Reward Zone Gamers Club?
The Reward Zone Gamers Club is for passionate customers who frequent your store for the latest gaming releases and hardware. These members receive a number of additional bonuses.
Gaming customers can choose to join RZGC for free and:
- Get 2x points on new game software, digital content and game accessories
- Get 2X points on trade-in games
- Get points on gaming consoles
- Redeem reward certificates
- Special money-saving exclusive offers
What is Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked?
Gaming customers can also choose to join Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked for an annual membership fee of $14.99. Membership may only be purchased in-store. Benefits include (all free program benefits) plus:
- 10% bonus trade-in credit on their game software trade-ins
- 10% off pre-owned games
- Buy two, get the third free on pre-owned games via a special welcome coupon
- Save 50% on a new strategy guide via special welcome coupon
- One year subscription of @Gamer Magazine the Best Buy exclusive gaming magazine
- Get at least $100/issue in valuable coupons with their subscription of @Gamer magazine
How Do I Sign Them Up?
|Reward Zone Member with Purchase||Reward Zone Member, No Purchase||Not a Reward Zone Member|
|Associate should select Reward Zone Gamers Club (free) or RZGC (unlocked $14.99) and then scan the appropriate RZGC SKU – Free or Unlocked||Free: Join in-store by scanning UPC or at www.MyRewardZone.com/gamersclub.||Associate should sign customer up for Reward Zone and then scan the appropriate RZGC SKU – Free or Unlocked|
Getting more out of the Reward Zone Program
Not only can Reward Zone members get Reward Zone points by shopping at Best Buy and BestBuy.com, now they can also get points when shopping with our partners!
The average Reward Zone member shops in Best Buy stores 4-6 times per year. By teaming up with a select group of partners, members can earn more points, giving them a lot more reasons to come back to Best Buy - to spend the reward certificates they've earned!
Identifying our Partners
These are just a few of our many Partners through which our customers can get valuable Reward Zone points. Be sure to log onto www.MyRewardZone.com/partners to learn more about our partners and the valuable points they have to offer.
Examples of Reward Zone partners include:
- Reward Zone Dining
- And many more